[Thunderbolt Certified] Nekteck Thunderbolt 3 PD Docking Station, Supports 4K HD Display, 60W Power Delivery, 4K HDMI2.0@60Hz, 5 USB 3.0 ports, for MackBook Pro Late 2016/2017 & Specific Windows/macOS
- THUNDERBOLT 3 PD UNIVERSAL DOCKING STATION lets you connect to various interfaces such as HDMI and Thunderbolt 3 enabled monitors, hardwired internet modem, SD card reader and USB A peripherals and devices.
- Thunderbolt 3 Technology supports PD charging up to 60W of upstream power to your Thunderbolt 3 enabled laptops or computers. Enjoy up to 10Gbps data transfer speed and x 5 USB Type A SuperSpeed 3.0 (up to 5Gbps) expansion to connect USB devices such as your mobile phones, game controllers and other USB devices.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL You don’t need to buy separate chargers and adapters to output 4K HD video output (external monitors are connected thru HDMI or Thunderbolt 3 enabled monitor) read SD cards (card reader functionality),connect to the internet thru the ethernet port, listen to sounds thru headphone jack input/output and connect your USB devices through one of its 5 USB 3.O Type A ports
- EASY TO USE No need for extra drivers, enjoy the ease of plug and play
- WELL BUILT ALUMINUM CONTEMPORARY DESIGN It is made of aluminum which is stronger than hard plastic and lighter than metal to make it more portable and for longer life span.
- The Thunderblot 3 port will not work if connected to USB C devices that is NOT Thunderbolt 3 enabled/compatible.
- External monitors should be DP enabled for mirroring or video output to function.
- ONLY 1 Thunderbolt 3 port supports PD charging.
- Windows OS may require updated firmware,Thunderbolt/GPU drivers and BIOS for external monitors to function.
- Thunderbolt 3 is compatible with MacBook Pro -Late 2016/2017, Apple 21.5″ and 27″ iMac and other laptops or computers that is Thunderbolt 3 enabled.
- Supports Mac and Windows OS.
HIGH RESOLUTION DISPLAY ULTRA HD 4K HDMI2.0@60Hz thru HDMI and Thunderbolt 3 ports (DUAL VIDEO OUTPUT)
- Mirroring and extended modes are possible when you connect your computer or laptop to external monitors that are compatible with HDMI or Thunderbolt 3.
ALL IN ONE MULTIFUNCTION DUAL THUNDERBOLT 3 DOCKING STATION and USB 3.0 EXPANSION
Is this suitable for all Thunderbolt 3 computer?
- Yes, please NOTE that this device is required the computer Thunderbolt 3 firmware update to the latest version and support the video output. You can find the new firmware on your computer brand support web page.
Why I can’t use the docking station on my Windows computer?
- Some Thunderbolt 3 computer is required to install the Thunderbolt 3 control panel and authorize the Thunderbolt 3 device. You can download the latest version software on your computer brand web page.
How do I set up the docking station with my computer?
- Plug the dock power AC charger to the dock and confirm the power supply is fine.
- Connect the inbox Thunderbolt 3 cable to the dock PD charging port and your host computer.
- Waiting about 5 seconds to let the computer recognize Thunderbolt 3 docking station.
- If the firmware and Thunderbolt 3 control panel is fine, then you can extend any device you need.
Can I charge other devices with the downstream Thunderbolt 3/USB C port?
- Yes, but the downstream Thunderbolt 3 port only provide up to 5V3A.
Is this all USB Standard-A port able to charge my device like the cell phone or power bank?
- No, not all USB A port support charging function. Only the front side bc1.2 USB port support charging device up to 5V1.5A. Other USB port is only for the data transfer and extend device like mouse, keyboard, flash drive.
Why is the data transfer speed very slow even can’t work when I use the downstream Thunderbolt 3 port?
Please make sure which type of device you are using.
- USB C device: Please confirm you are using USB C 3.0/3.1 Gen 2 cable to connect the device. If you use the USB 2.0 cable it can not transfer the data or will be very slow.
Recommend Cable: Nekteck USB-IF Certified USB C to C Gen 2 Cable
- Thunderbolt 3 device: Please make sure your cable is Thunderbolt 3 active/ passive cable. Another cable does not support Thunderbolt 3 device.
Recommend Cable: Nekteck Thunderbolt 3 Active Cable (Certified)
Nekteck Thunderbolt 3 passive Cable (Certified)
Can I use the downstream Thunderbolt 3 port and HDMI port to output dual display?
Yes, but you need to confirm your host computer Thunderbolt 3 port that connects to our docking station supports dual display output.
You can use the
- USB C Gen 2 cable, C to HDMI adapter, C to DP adapter, C to VGA etc. to connect the monitor.
- Nekteck USB-IF Certified USB C to C Gen 2 Cable
- USB C to HDMI CABLE
- USB C to DISPLAYPORT CABLE
- USB C to VGA CABLE
Is this docking station required install the driver?
Nekteck Thunderbolt 3 docking station will automatically install the driver. If you have the driver issue
Why I can’t get sounds out after I connect the speaker to the dock audio out combo jack?
Sometimes you need to change the sounds output device on your system to let the sounds output to the right device.
Which system compatible with the Nekteck Thunderbolt 3 docking station?
Perfect support for Windows 10 / MacOS. The older system may require to update some drivers or firmware.